On issue with the RAAF, commandos & NATO, in use by U.S. forces in Afghanistan, and other forces worldwide. The Recon III sleeping bag is a military-style, two season sleeping bag which will perform more efficiently than bags with natural fillings when wet. The bag and the compression sack weigh approx 2 lbs 15 oz (1.33kg). The Compression Sack spider both reduces the volume of the stuffed bag for carriage and provides a waterproof outer covering. The Recon III packs up very small so you can stash it away in your backpack or kit.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Wash warm separately (machine ok). Hang dry immediately after wash.
– Outer top shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon with a Teflon finish.
– Outer bottom shell made from 210D Nylon Oxford with PU2000mm waterproof finish.
– Inner shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon.
– 100gm per square meter Dupont Thermolite™ Micro insulation.
– Insulation incorporates an ultra-thin barrier of anti-bacterial pure silver micro fibre which also increases its heat retaining capability.
– Insulation is flat filled to prevent cold spots.
– Internal baffle foot is re-inforced with 210D Nylon Oxford with PU2000mm waterproof finish to limit damage from boots.
– Internal and external hanging tabs.
– Bonded seams
– Central double puller, heavy duty No 8 spiral zip with storm flap.
– Anti-snag zip with Velcro tab closure.
– Draw cord and barrel lock in hood.
– Shaped hood for extra comfort.
– Internal PDA pocket
– 210D Nylon Oxford spider compression sack.
– Designed for operations in -5 degree Celsius (23F)locations.
– Dims unpacked: Length 220cm. Width: at shoulders 85cm. at feet 55cm.
– Dims packed in compression sack: 21cm x 20cm
– Weight: 1.35kg
– NATO Stock No. 66 – 146-06-76
– ISO 9001:2000 compliant